Saturday, January 17, 2009

Recalling part1

the new year.
18 days have passed..
i seriously cant remember much from my first week of the year.
i feel like i have so much to write and dont exactly know where to begin..

okay, i shall start from the past, like last year.
the 24th. such a long time ago.
my extended family has a long standing tradition of meeting on christmas eve. its the usual pigging out on ham and chicken and sausages, its kind of gross thinking about it. i don't even think i was hungry. but i wolfed down my food none the less,in front of the tv.no sit downs. its almost always tv dinners there. with 15 something people all watching. as i said its tradition.
so then we sing some carols and watch more tv. but this year was slightly different. my dad aked my sis to lead a game of dont forget the lyrics, boy was that a horror. i shall not expend on it.
we also watched this video of this ladies testimony. and then we sang carols, however my 6 aunts were kind of preoccupied with my cousins one year old son; keagan. he's a sweetheart. yeah, and at 12 am we went around handshaking peoples hands singing the tune of we wish you a merry christmas all around the hall. then it was present time. man! just recalling this is kind of tiring. i dont know why. ahh.. now on to something interesting. 2 hours later i was packing. 1 hour later i went on my laptop. and 4 hours later i was in the car on the causeway. its probably the first time in a long time that my family was not in singapore on the 25th of december.
3 full days of malaysia. it was fun, my dads side came along. a half a family affair in exotic johor, yeah right.
all we did was eat, sleep and shop and watch movies and tv.
i caught up on 2 episodes of mythbusters.

i bought kung fu panda on dvd. its was 60 rengit. can you believe it? divided by half. thats $30. i told myself its a dvd, plus its kind of an investment, i can watch a panda find himself a thousand times, plus, all the other people who would be able to watch it too. if they wanted to borrow it or something.
and just other day i was at giant. i repeat, giant. that big supermarket in tampines. the very place that sold fish and pickled vegetables that stink, was selling kung fun panda on dvd for $9.90!
i felt kinda annoyed as i stared at the price of sticker, that blue and white circle screaming out to me Singapore dollars 9.90. i even picked it up and turned to see its side spine of the tape. there was DVD in those slanted fonts they so choose to print them as.
ugh. i paid 30 dollars and it was now selling for less than 1/3 the price. i feel cheated.
ok. i think i have ranted about this topic for its worth, freaking 30 dollars.

uh huh. so came back on the 28th. and on the 31st i went to my aunts house to celebrate the new year. how did i celebrate? i watched 4 movies on a projector with my cousins and two other guys related to my uncle.
grid iron gang, which if you ask me is such a cliche. one of the thousands sports-inspirational-prison movie. so tiresome. then coach carter, my thrid time. then catch me if you can which was really cool. and then the longest yard. i guess all that sports flicks have encourged me on my treadmill expeditions. its like an expedition for me to travel (by car) all the way to yishun. and get on the treadmill to jog.
then comes the first day of the year 2009!
where does time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home